Do you worry that the intimate repercussions of past sexual abuse are harming your present relationship? Or, are you single and concerned about how sex problems caused by past sexual abuse might impact a future relationship? Neil Sattin, host of the Relationship Alive! podcast and Wendy take an engaging look at these concerns and more in this friendly discussion entitled, “Deeper Intimacy Through Sexual Healing.” It’s much easier to move forward in a relationship when you have the background information and recovery tools you need. Wendy reveals how the negatives about being sexually abused don’t have to be the last word on sex — it’s possible and rewarding to reclaim your sexuality.
Topics covered include:
- What is sexual abuse?
- Can early exposure to porn be a type of sexual abuse? How?
- What are the sexual problems caused by sexual abuse?
- What is involved in healing sexual concerns?
- How does emotional intimacy in a relationship create safety for a survivor?
- How can you help a partner who has been sexually abused?
- How can couples work as a team in sexual healing?
- What are the key exercises that can help survivors and their intimate partners to heal?
- What are the new skills survivors and intimate partners need to learn?
- What is a “vacation from sex” and what are “relearning touch exercises”?
- How does healing from past sexual harm create deeper intimacy?
- What about pornography? How can it harm deeper intimacy, too?
Relationship Alive! Podcast, Episode #9, 10-20-2015.