How can sexual love poetry enrich our sexual lives, relationships, and sensual experiences? Find out in this wonderfully engaging conversation between Francesca Gentille, host of the Sex: Tantra & Kama Sutra podcast, and Wendy Maltz, author/editor of two award-winning sexual love poetry anthologies – Passionate Hearts: The Poetry of Sexual Love and Intimate Kisses: The Poetry of Sexual Pleasure. Their unique discussion is peppered with Wendy reading poems from her collections by well-known poets, such as Marge Piercy, Octavio Pax, Nikki Giovanni, and others — and Francesca sharing insights on love and soul-connected sex from her many years teaching Tantric sexual practices.
Topics covered include:
- How Wendy’s interest in sexual love poetry emerged from her counseling work with survivors of sexual abuse and others.
- How people use the collections for sex education, healing, and inspiration
- The pleasure and value of reading sexual love poetry aloud to a partner
- How erotic poetry is able to describe sex well because it highlights elements in nature and “blends the senses”
- The yin-yang beauty and nature of touch
- How creating the collections inspired Wendy to write her own erotic poems
Personal Life Media, Sex: Tantra & Kama Sutra podcast, Episode 40: 2007.
Listen to the podcast interview here
Listen and read a transcript here