What does it feel like to suffer the emotional and sexual repercussions of abuse? What does it take to make a long-term commitment to sexual health and healing? Nunaisi Ma, host of the international RISE Summits workshops, and Wendy Maltz provide answers in this penetrating discussion about the personal journey of sexual healing. With knowledge and ease, they speak frankly about the experience of being sexually abused and discuss repercussions, such as abuse-related sexual fantasies, not often revealed and addressed.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of caring books and other resources that support survivors who are healing sexually.
- The vulnerability of being a child victim of sexual abuse.
- The insidious nature of abuse that was gentle and called “love.”
- Confusions from experiencing orgasm the first time during abuse.
- Feeling separate and disconnected from one’s own body.
- The repercussion of having troublesome sexual fantasies of abuse.
- The powerful techniques that can be used to heal abusive fantasies.
- The intimate betrayal of disclosing abuse as a child and not being believed.
- The strength and support it takes get away from an abuser and find safety.
- Societal messages and harmful influences that can get in the way of sexual healing.
- The importance of choosing a path towards sexual health and happiness.
- The huge benefits of becoming sexually whole and comfortable in your own skin.
Note: The section on abuse-related sexual fantasies and healing techniques happens in the first 15 minutes.
Watch and listen to this engaging conversation below: