When Suzanne Noble and Peter Marriott, co-hosts of the internationally popular British podcast, “Sex Advice for Seniors,” posted a video on their associated TikTok channel about how to identify a person who watches too much porn, they were shocked at the gigantic response. Over one million viewers replied to their comment section. Viewers shared stories about the damaging influence of porn in their relationships and lives, and asked lots of questions.
For help, they turned to Wendy Maltz, coauthor of The Porn Trap. Together they created a special podcast episode on love, porn, relationships, and senior sexuality. In it Wendy, Peter, and Suzanne have a thoughtful, witty and informative discussion. They provide insights and answers, and empower people of all ages to become more knowledgable about this highly-charged topic. You’re invited to have a listen.
Topics covered include:
- Do young people and older people relate to porn differently?
- Does porn impact everyone the same way?
- Is porn use always problematic or can it play a positive role in a relationship?
- What are the effects on an intimate partner?
- What role does deception play in causing problems?
- What happens when a person’s porn stash is discovered before, and even after they die?
- Is there such a thing as “ethical” or “morally positive” porn?
- Can porn use mask sex problems that can be dealt with in other ways?
- Why is it up to each individual to determine whether or not they have a problem with porn?
- What do you mean by the phrase, “the direction of your erection”?
- Why are self-awareness and good communication important when it comes to dealing with porn?
[The Sex Advice for Seniors podcast is published on Substack. This episode is #17 and is entitled, “Love and Porn” Running time: 39 minutes, 10-10-2022.]